In the past two weeks we improved the Mac OS X compatibility and worked on upstreaming patches.
Most of the Wine Staging developers and contributors use Wine on Linux based systems. This leads to the problem that some features are not directly available or might contain bugs on other unix based systems. This release however focuses mostly on Mac OS X. We fixed several smaller bugs and issues regarding cross compiling and the loading of libraries. Besides code fixes, we now also provide prebuilt packages for Mac OS X 10.8+. Further information can be found in the installation instructions.
Besides the Mac OS X work, we got 28 patches upstream and added the following features:
- Fix drawing in Photoshop CS5 (Wine Bug #29871)
- Implement general tab for file property dialog (Wine Staging Bug #357)
- Fix SecuROM 5.x media validation (Wine Bug #21448)
- Fix Xuzhou network client crash (Wine Bug #30378)
- Fix wineserver crash when pipe server object is destroyed (Wine Staging Bug #393)
As usual you can find all the changes in our changelog.