The Wine Staging release 2.5 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- Implementation of NtSuspendProcess and NtResumeProcess.
- Support for hash links in Ldr modules.
- Various smaller improvements.
Please note that starting with this version, Wine Staging uses the new server side message-mode named pipe implementation from the development branch. In contrast to our previous implementation using
SOCK_SEQPACKET sockets, the new implementation allows to handle some corner cases more correctly and is cross-platform compatible. A small disadvantage is that the new implementation is less complete (for example no
PIPE_NOWAIT handling), so there is a small risk of regressions.
In addition, Wine Staging users will also benefit from the following changes merged in the development branch:
- Support for message-mode named pipes.
- Translation of version resources through po files.
- Transform feedback support in Direct3D.
- Scheduler classes in C++ runtime.
- Better scrolling in popup menus.
- More improvements to the XML reader.
- Various bug fixes.