The Wine Staging release 2.17 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- Support for interpolation modifiers in pixel shaders.
- Support for generating mipmap levels based on shader resource views.
- Various smaller improvements and bug fixes.
Wine Staging 2.17 introduces the support for two commonly used Direct3D11 features: Interpolation modifiers for pixel shader inputs as well as the generation of mipmap levels of shader resource views. These two changes fix rendering glitches in Witcher 3, Overwatch, Prey (2017) and most probably affect more applications. Besides the graphic related changes, this release also extends the exception handling on 64 bit and improves the formatting of XML output in msxml.
In addition, Wine Staging users will also benefit from the following changes merged in the development branch:
- Per-application StartupWMClass in desktop files.
- Reply messages improvements in WebServices.
- Various bug fixes.